Thursday, April 1, 2010

I need God right now!

Well, we went to physical therapy today with Garrett. I don't know if you know this already or not, but he is still unable to jump and doesn't do stairs really well. He also get off the floor using a technique called a Gower's sign.

I've put it off for so long, but couldn't just leave it alone. It looks very much like Duchenne's muscular dystrophy. I can't even type those words without crying. The PT, who is a friend of mine, has the same suspicions. She is referring us to Dr. Sharpe, a pediatric neurologist in Cool Springs for some testing.

You may already know, but this is the worst type of MD. I've cried for days and can't stop even now. Please pray for Garrett and for us as we walk through this. I don't know a time frame for when we will see Dr. Sharpe; I feel helpless as I sit and wait for his office to call.

As a PT, it is so much easier to give this news to other families, but to see it yourself is very different. I don't know what to feel....my stomach is sick, my eyes are swollen, I can't breathe.

Garrett keeps saying, "Mommy, why are you sad?" And all I know is that my heart is broken.

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Will continue praying...call me if you need anything!

Sumer said...

I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog just surfing around tonight. I want you to know I am praying for you. I want you to know you have every right to cry as much as you want. But also know you are not alone. I have also heard bad news about my son time and time again. But I am at a place where I can say God is Good!! Find you a verse and cling to it! God will bless you and give you so many opportunities to brag about who your God is and what he can do.
Praying for peace!

Anonymous said...

We will be lifting you guys and Garrett up in our prayers.

Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and He hears my voice. He ransoms me form the battle waged against me. Psalm 55:17
I call as my heart grows faint, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. Psalm 61:2-3

You are the God who performs miracles You display your power among the peoples. Psalm 77:14

God is already at your tomorrow. He is in control. He is holding you and Garrett in the palm of His faithful and miracle performing hand. Praying for peace,comfort for you and for healing for Garrett.
Because He Lives we can face tomorrow,
Stacy and Ricky Gongwer

Big Nanny said...

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever,for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:3-4
Praying!

Jessica said...

Sweet friend, we will be praying. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Anonymous said...

I sit here with tears streaming down my face as well! I am praying and will eery day! I pray that your Doctors visit will come soon and that you will hear good news! I also pray for peace and comfort as you wait! I love you and your family dearly...I am here for anythign you may need!
Beth C.

Shawn said...

Dr. Sharpe is Mia's doctor. Please let me know if I can help in any way!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Amber, my heart is breaking for you!! You are in my prayers as well as the prayer chain at church! If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Remember, no matter how insane life gets, God is in control!!

I will call you next week sometime, unless you need to talk before then.

I love you so much - you are like a sister to me!! Keep your eyes on the Lord. In the meantime, I will lift you and the family up to the Lord!

Again, if there is anything you need - even a listening ear - I am here for you, sis!

Patty Dawn

Shawn said...

Amber -
We will be praying for you. Please let us know if you need anything. Our home number is 615-599-9635.

-shawn