Saturday, April 3, 2010

God's Timing

I got a call last night from Garrett's pediatrician's nurse, which I did not expect. We had talked earlier in the week about my concerns with the Gower's sign issue that Garrett does. She said she would leave the doc a message about it. I honestly never thought he would get the message, which was why I was surprised by the Friday evening phone call.



She relayed his message that "if Mom is concerned, let's just do a CPK test to rule it out." (That is a blood test that determines if there is a break-down of creatine phosphokinase from the muscle.)



So, we have an appointment with Garrett's pediatrician on Monday morning at 8:10 and should know something on Tuesday. There is relief in knowing that one way or another we will know something by then, but also fear of what we might find out.



Would you consider fasting with us for Garrett on Monday?


I know that fasting should be done in secret, but I also know that corporate fasting is biblical:
Nehemiah 9:1-3 is one example that says: "Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the sons of Israel assembled with fasting, in sackcloth and with dirt upon them."
God has also told us this: James 5:14-15 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."


Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."



Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."



Matthew 21:22 "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."



Exodus 15:26 "And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer."



Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"





I will update you all as soon as I know something Tuesday. Thank you so much for your words and scriptures you have passed along. Thank you for your prayers you have prayed for my baby boy!

8 comments:

Sumer said...

Of course!

Robyn said...

Absolutely!

MAMA said...

MAMA AND FRIENDS ARE CLAIMING MOMDAY GARRETTS FAST,LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

MAMA AND FRIENDS ARE CLAIMING MONDAY GARRETTS DAY.

Anonymous said...

Patty Dawn says....Yes!

Unknown said...

Count us in!

Alli said...

I'm not staying up in blog-reading lately, so I just now have read these last few. My chest is hurting and I think my stomach dropped to my feet. I am defintely praying for Garrett and for all of you. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do! I love you all so much!

Erin said...

YES.
I thought of you and your appointment this morning as soon as I woke up. I'll be praying without ceasing.