Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My creative juices are flowing

Thanks to some recent inspiration, and a Dora movie we got from RedBox, we set sail for our own Pirate Treasure Hunt!


I found a great treasure map and adapted it things around our house. I rolled it up and put it in an empty water bottle. Hobby Lobby has all their unfinished wood on sale 40% off this week, so we got a great treasure chest for a little over $2 a little bottle of brown paint for $.99! They also had Pirate Gold Coins for $2.99!


Garrett had a blast!


This is our Pirate Ship, complete with Pirate flag and Spy Glass!

Garrett was waving that flag like he knew exactly what he was doing! Charlotte wasn't really happy here!
Here he is going through the "Dragon Cave" which was heavily guarded by several of his dinosaurs!
Now he is going around Skull Island, only after finding the Mermaids on the Rocks, which happened to be some baby dolls from Charlotte's room!
There were dolphins Sticky-tacked to the wall leading to the tall mountain with the treasure chest. (No, S.Y., my bed is not made!)

Here is the Treasure, which also had an ample supply of M&Ms with it!
This was so much fun! Garrett kept saying, "Let's do it again!" We did about 8 times until my knees could no longer take crawling through the Dragon Cave--oh, yes, I went along!

3 comments:

Sumer said...

I love it! (The unmade bed, and the treasure hunt) On this yucky rainy day I needed some inspiration!

Erin said...

So cute! I bet he was just as happy to have a momma that would crawl around with him on her knees as he was to get the treasure.

Robyn said...

I miss sweet little Garrett!