Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kind words...kind of

I was recently tipped off to this great blog-site. Every week there is a new Bible verse for your little one to learn.

For the last 2 weeks, we have printed it out and put it on the fridge. At every opportunity, I say the verse to Garrett, and try to apply it in a lot of situations throughout the day--good and bad.

Last week's verse was: "Kind words are like honey, they cheer you up and make you feel strong." Proverbs 16:24.

We really focused on the "kind words are like honey" part, and after a day or so, Garrett could repeat the verse.

That was last week. This week we've moved on to Phil. 4:13--much harder, I'll say. But this morning, after Garrett had to stand in time-out, he came to me and this is how the conversation went:

Garrett: "Mommy, I'm sorry for yelling at you."

Me: "That's okay. I forgive you."

Garrett: "I just didn't want to use kind words like honey."

So, not only did he remember last week's verse, he applied it to his life!

(I did have to suppress some snickering, though!)

2 comments:

Alli said...

That's so cute! Even if you didn't feel like forgiving before, you had to after that explanation and application! Thanks for the great blog site--I will start printing them off too :) (I might start with the honey verse--we need more kind words and less 2-year-old smartness around here)

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is a great site :)

did you get your activity in a bag ebook?