Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Remodeling in the Making 2

Last week I told you about our kitchen remodeling project--the saga continues...

You know how I insulted the plumbing supply store guy in Nashville when I went to pick up our range hood? Well, this weekend when we were about to install it, we remembered the over-the-stove microwave that Randy's company removed from their model 2 years ago was still in our basement. We had the great idea that it would work in place of the range hood (which also means that we must return the range hood to the Pipe Fitters Association of America's proudest member!) So another project began. This one involved removing the cabinet above our range, and moving it UP 6 inches!
Folks, I'm not sure, but I think he wants to beat me with this board right now!
But, here you go! The semi-finished project that will require a few more touch-ups before its completed, but nonetheless beautiful!

Stay tuned. Word has it that my tile backsplash will be going in this Thursday (but that's what they have said for the last 2 Thursdays, so don't hold your breath!)

No comments: