Thursday, August 6, 2009

On Becoming Amish

So, we've toyed with the idea recently about "becoming Amish." Not sure if one just joins the group, or if you have to be born Amish...like being born German?


Anyway, with the world today, we think that it may be the way to go for our family...long skirts, hard work, isolation from negative influence...you get the picture.


So, in preparation for the transition, I've started trying some of the principles here at home. Yesterday, I made homemade whole wheat banana muffins, today I made homemade white bread (with my mom's hand-me-down breadmaker...does that still count?) And these little creations:


Frozen Yogurt Pops!
Garrett helped me fill the molds (from Target last year) with light strawberry yogurt (the kind in the large tub) just before lunch, we put them in the freezer, and they were ready after naptime!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Good idea (both the yogurt pops and becoming Amish). You do the research, and maybe we'll join, too. But I'm pretty sure that bright colored hair bows are frowned upon. And breadmakers, and food processors. On second thought...never mind. ;)

Alli said...

Do the Amish have Reese's cups? What about email? Just thinking about my addictions...