Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kid-Friendly Food

I was looking for something to pass the time and be fun for the kids at the same time. Oh, yeah, and it was getting close to lunchtime! This is what I had on hand:




I don't know where she got it, by my Mama brought a whole box with her on her last visit. Its spaghetti sauce in a pouch. You just stick it in the microwave and pour it over noodles. I've used it for those nights when Randy is working late and I don't want to offer up more chicken nuggets! It was great for this project. I cut a small triangle off the top/side and Garrett helped me squeeze it on our "pizza crust." Then he spread it with the back of a spoon.
Charlotte mostly just watched and ate some cheese!
I used the whole wheat English muffins I had and sliced them in half.
After they were good and coated with sauce, we topped them with plenty of cheese and (you know me) I put a little garlic salt on them.
I put them into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. And voila!
I added a little fruit to the plate, and had all the food groups!
Charlotte approved!
As did Garrett!

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

All the food groups? I don't see a meat product(hotdog) on that plate!