Friday, November 12, 2010

Wisdom

One thing I pray for my children is WISDOM.

On so many levels: WISDOM to make good choices, WISDOM to trust in GOD, WISDOM for circumstances that Almighty God himself has chosen for us, WISDOM for things to come...

Everyday, we have to stretch Garrett's legs 2 times a day: when he wakes up and before he goes to bed. Its not a difficult thing to do, but it is a constant reminder to me of his disease. One morning, he was complaining about the stretching hurting his legs and that he didn't want to do it that day. Garrett said to me before I could even respond:

"I don't want to do theses stretches, but I know that if I don't, my muscles will get tight and I will have a hard time walking."

Then, he layed down on the couch for me to do the prescribed stretching routine, without complaint. I didn't even know he knew those things, but God granted him WISDOM for this time.

I don't know why I'm often surprised to see God granting prayed-for-WISDOM in their lives, but I am. If only I could apply the same WISDOM to my life and accept the things God has laid out for me because He knows best.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5 (NASB)

1 comment:

Alli said...

I read this post this morning, and you've been on my heart all day. And now you both will be on my heart every morning and every evening.

Garrett's wisdom blows my mind! That's proof that God hears our prayers.