Friday, December 18, 2009

I lost Jesus yesterday

We've been battling ear infections at our house--both kids. Wednesday, though, Charlotte spiked a fever and a new antibiotic was called in. By Thursday morning, she was in a full vomit/fever/snot/whiny/diahrrea mode.

At 6 am, she started crying, and I ran and got her while still not quite dry from my shower. She was begging for water and I got some and she then asked for orange juice, which I also got. I quickly got some ibuprofen in her and her antibiotic. Keep in mind that I am holding her, her blankee, her baby, 1 cup of OJ, and 1 cup of water....all the while sporting my undies in the kitchen. I knew that if I needed Jesus any day, this would be it.

That's when Garrett started crying because she had woken him up. I carried her back with me to his room to get him out of his bed and Charlotte started throwing up!

Blah, blah, blah.....that's how the day started and continued, involving more vomit and crying. I did figure out that it is best to hold the vomiting child over your hardwood floors instead of attempting to carry her towards the toilet...it saves on clean-up on your carpets!

I did get the kids settled down at one point playing with our Fisher Price Nativity Set, which they love! All was well until we lost baby Jesus. We searched the house over with both kids calling out, "Jesus, where are you?" "Jesus?" He was nowhere to be found.

That pretty much sums up the entire day: I lost Jesus and it doesn't get much worse than that!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds terrible, Amber. :( I hope everyone is well by next Thursday!