Friday, November 13, 2009

Wyatt's Custom Slaughtering

So, last weekend, Randy and I got away for 2 whole nights without kids! Our first weekend away since before they were born! We went to Crossville, TN to Fairfield Glades.

There is nothing to do there--and I do mean nothing! It was suggested that we have dinner at the "Vegas Steakhouse" about 20 miles away, but when we arrived, we found bright green neon signs and neon pink flamingoes on the roof. I could not force myself to go in!

We did go hiking at Fall Creek Falls (about an hour away) on Saturday. We had to drive through some serious back woods to get there! I totally forgot my camera, but would have taken a picture of a sign on the way to the park stating: "Wyatt's Custom Slaughtering." Not even sure what that means...



We did hike down to the base of the "big falls." It was amazing!




Anyway, Wednesday, Randy had the day off, so we loaded up the kids and drove back to meet Randy's parents there (they still had the condo for the rest of the week). We went swimming and back to the falls. And this time, I brought my camera!









This is Randy, Bob, and Garrett standing on a bridge that crosses one section of the falls, where only days before I had a psychotic breakdown and nearly had to be air-lifted out as a fat man barrelled his way along behind me!











Once we got there, Randy asked Garrett about the falls:




R: Do you know who made these water falls?


G: God did! And then He went swimming in it!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Atta boy, Garrett...remembering our Sunday school lesson on God creating the water! I guess your mommy and daddy might have had something to do with you knowing about that, too. ;)

Pretty pictures. I might have had a psychotic breakdown on that bridge, too - yikes!