Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God made most of it....

We were playing outside yesterday when Garrett noticed the beautiful yellow leaves in one of our tall trees. Looking up as far as he could, he proclaimed, "Wow!" in his most pure childlike tone. Recently inspired by my friend H. H., I asked Garrett, "Do you know who made that beautiful tree?" He immediately responded with, "Nana!" As if it were obvious. I corrected him and told him that God made it and He made everything. Later, as we were preparing for bed, I brought up the conversation again. I told him that God made him, and that God made Mommy and Daddy. Hoping that this concept stuck, I asked him, "Do you know who made Charlotte?" He confidently replied, "Daddy!"

No arguments there, Garrett!

2 comments:

Erin said...

ha ha ha!!! Good one, Garrett!

Alli said...

I'm glad to see you are already giving Biology lessons. Smart kid!