Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Choice

I've had the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for a while now, but it never ceases to amaze me what God will bring out of that little book every day! It doesn't matter if I've read that day's devotion before, it always seems to fit perfectly into my life.

If you're not familiar with the book, it is written as if Jesus is speaking to you--and He usually does with this book!

Here is today's devotion:

"You need Me every moment. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence. However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up. Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice--deep dependence on Me, or despair. The emptiness you feel within will be filled either with problems or with My Presence. Make Me central in your consciousness by praying continually: simple, short prayers flowing out of the present moment. Use My Name liberally, to remind you of My Presence. Keep on asking and you will recieve, so that your gladness may be full and complete. "
I Thessalonians 5:17; John 16:24


It seems like here lately, I've been living in the "despair" category. I have all three of the pitfalls she warns against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, and giving up.


"God, help me to CHOOSE deep dependence on You instead of despair this day."

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Love me some "Jesus Calling"! And love you, friend!!

Lea Whittaker said...

Guess that is what I get for not reading mine today! That is exactly what I needed today!! (and a lot of days lately) Thank you for sharing it!