Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When is the last time Jesus called you on the phone?

Yesterday, after I got off the phone with my mom, Garrett said to me, "Was that Jesus?"

My first response was laughter with, "No, Buddy, that was not Jesus. That was Nana."

The more I thought about it, though, I realized that to Garrett it would have been perfectly normal for Jesus to call him on the phone.

It left me thinking, "When was the last time I fully expected Jesus to show up?"

Yeah, I know, we all pray that He will show up when we're sitting in the ER with our sick babies or in the middle of the night when their fevers shoot up to over 105 degrees. We pray when our grandmother is headed to the surgeon who has potentially bad news about her colon. We pray about silly things like for our wet cameras to dry out. But when was the last time you REALLY expected Jesus to show up? To the point that you anticipate hearing His voice?

That is the thought for the day!

1 comment:

Alli said...

That's why in Matthew 18:1-5 Jesus pointed out that children "get it" more than we do, and we should strive to have that child-like faith. Thanks for a lesson from the Word, Garrett!