Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My African Jouney Begins....

I'll get to the more serious side of things in a later post, but today this is what I've got for you.

My friend Robyn and I went today to get our passports for Ethiopia. We went to the Columbia Post Office because it was convenient to me. Things were going well, besides the fact that no one gets in a hurry in this town. I also forgot about the large quantities of rednecks we have in this town until we heard a loud chicken/rooster call from behind us!

Seriously??

We saw 2 of these:





Apparently, it is common to mail live chickens through the USPS in Maury county Tennessee.

They just plopped these 2 boxes of chickens down on the counter next to us like they were sending little Timmy a care package....no big deal!

We should have gone to the Franklin post office!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Ha ha ha!!! You cracked me up with the Little Timmy line! ;)

Think those things would make it all the way to Ethiopia?

Jessica said...

Oh me. Columbia never ceases to amaze me. That's why not too many people know that's where I grew up!

Robyn said...

You beat me to it! It was hilarious!

Big Nanny said...

Yes, you should have went to the Franklin post office because when I went to get my passport, I got to hold someone's african baby in line. But the chickens make for a great story:)

Shawn said...

Why do I get the feeling this isn't the last of the chicken stories for this Africa team?

~H