Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weather Man

I got this idea for a weather station from one of the websites I follow regularly. She is much more craftier than I've ever dared be!
--I just took one of my old metal pans that I didn't use anymore and added our fridge letters to spell "WEATHER." I only had 1 'E' so I made do with a '3.'
--Foam was suggested for making the sun, cloud, wind, and rain, but we only had construction paper. I also "laminated" them with contact paper.
--I took a few magnets from pizza places off our fridge and cut them up to stick them to the backs of our sun, cloud, umbrella, and wind.
--And, voila! A weather station!
This is a fun and practical way to learn about the weather!

1 comment:

Alli said...

That's cute! Thanks for sharing. John learned about the weather at school this year, and he has a book, but not being a "crafty" person, I have failed to give him something hands-on to apply it to. I need all the help I can get! Keep sharing crafty ideas :)